UC Irvine Today
The Police & U: UCI Community-Police Relations Town Hall
The mission of the UCI Police Advisory Committee (PSAC) is to proactively seek the advice and counsel from a diverse group of community members regarding issues that impact the safety and quality of life of students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the UCI campus and Medical Center.
To facilitate this mission, the PSAC is hosting a town hall to gather input from community members regarding safety and quality of life issues on our campus.
All members of the UCI Community are invited to attend. Topics include:
- Welcome Remarks (Beginning at 2:00 p.m.)
Ron Cortez, CFO and Vice Chancellor Division of Finance and Administration
- Towards Inclusive Excellence: Campus, Community and Policing
Doug Haynes, Vice Provost for Academic Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- UC Presidential Task Force on University Policing Recommendations
Jim Meeker, Professor Emeritus, School of Social Ecology
- Implementation of Body Worn Cameras
Paul Cooper, Interim Chief UCI Police Department
- Q&A and Open Discussion (Beginning at 2:45 p.m.)
Light Refreshments will be served.
Tuesday, May 21 at 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Student Center, Doheny Beach A-B
A311 Student Center, Irvine, CA 92697