Purpose, Objectives and Content Guidelines
UCi brief delivers news and announcements of broad campuswide importance and interest to faculty and staff.
- Keep faculty and staff informed of important university information.
- Promote Web-based communications and help faculty and staff navigate UCI's websites.
- Consolidate distribution of information through timely, consistent communications.
- Alleviate information overload and message redundancy.
**New Format & Schedule:
Beginning Jan. 11, 2012, UCi brief will be published biweekly in a new, streamlined format focusing only on Top News stories and key employee Work/Life items.
- Top News – significant campus news, issues and activities, including UCOP and Regents initiatives and decisions.
- Work/Life – Human Resources-related information (Open Enrollment, wages, benefits, retirement, holidays, policies, etc.).
Resource links will be available to help readers find other information they may need.
These changes are being implemented because there are many different and widely used information sources (ZotMails, social media, RSS feeds, etc.) and to best use our limited resources.
As always, UCi brief welcomes input at email@example.com.
Email Work/Life suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is noon Monday for inclusion in current week's issue (unless otherwise noted).
Content must adhere to all university policies. No content delivered via UCi brief shall:
- Advocate an individual's or organization's political or religious position.
- Imply university or campus endorsement, support, or opposition to a political, religious, or civic issue, or any non-university products, service, organizations or activity.
- Be of commercial nature that solicits, or would provide, personal and/or financial profit to a university employee or to a profit-making organization.
Content must support UCi brief's purpose and objectives. To eliminate redundancy in e-mailed communications, UCi brief will not routinely publish:
- Content that has been or will be distributed broadly across campus via ZotMail or other print or electronic publications.
- Specialized content that is not of broad interest to the campus community.
2012-13 Publication Schedule
- Sept. 26 (Biweekly schedule resumes)
- Oct. 10
- Oct. 24
- Nov. 7
- Nov. 21
- Dec. 5
- Dec. 19 (Winter break)
- Jan. 16
- Jan. 30
- Feb. 13
- Feb. 27
- March 13
- March 27
- April 10
- April 24
- May 8
- May 22
- June 5
- June 19
- July 3
- July 17
Unless otherwise noted, submission deadlines will remain noon Monday for the upcoming issue. As always, UCi brief welcomes news, events and input at email@example.com.